As I sit here at my parent's house in Spokane, Washington; I am soaking up every bit of quiet, comfort, and relaxation that I can before I leave for Korea. I have ten days..and counting.. before I leave. My departure date has come much faster than I thought it would! This time at home is kind of like taking a deep breath before the whirlwind of events ahead of me. I am also working hard to get everything finished before I leave. These things include finishing the visa application process, getting my plane ticket, packing, and some other miscellaneous things. I am also trying to prepare myself mentally for my move. I know that it will be a BIG change from my life here... mostly I am trying to go into everything with an optimistically open mind!
If you could keep me in your prayers...
That I recieve all the documents that I need in the mail before I leave
That I can pack everything that I will need
That I can enjoy and soak up this time with family before I leave
Much love,
Allison
PS. If you follow the link, you will find a website that tells you all about Busan, the city I will live in!
http://english.busan.go.kr/main/
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wanted to let you all know that I just talked to Allison (Friday, August 22nd) and she is at the LA airport, en route to Seoul. She is excited, though sad to say goodbyes. Please join us in praying for her safe travel and quick adjustment to life in Korea!
Nice city!! Keep those updates coming!
Thanks Laura!
Megan Gatseos
Allison is in Seoul participating in training with other new teachers. She said that she has jet-lag, but had a tour of the city.
Post a Comment